I know it's been a while and I was supposed to be keeping up with this blogging malarky but there's been tons happening around here and I've not felt like doing much in the way of sharing. All the same, I thought I'd put a few things up here. Today I had to take Bruce into Tavistock so he could pick up his new glasses. As it was raining, (surprise, surprise) Josh and I elected to stay in the car while he made the trek over to the opticians. So, lacking anything else for entertainment, I pulled my lil camera out of my bag and got a few shots in - nothing exciting though as I was unwilling to get out of the car and brave the elements!
Life Through a Wet Windscreen
I know it's been a while and I was supposed to be keeping up with this blogging malarky but there's been tons happening around here and I've not felt like doing much in the way of sharing. All the same, I thought I'd put a few things up here. Today I had to take Bruce into Tavistock so he could pick up his new glasses. As it was raining, (surprise, surprise) Josh and I elected to stay in the car while he made the trek over to the opticians. So, lacking anything else for entertainment, I pulled my lil camera out of my bag and got a few shots in - nothing exciting though as I was unwilling to get out of the car and brave the elements!
What To Do?
We were told that we'd have to cough up six months in advance if we wanted the exceptionally nice three-bedroomed house with no garden and under-building parking. We've already put down the money for the credit reference/deposit - this is non-refundable.
That was yesterday.
We knew that if we did that then we'd really be scraping by til one of us got a job in the area. Hubby deemed this unacceptable.
The area is lovely, it is my home town, I was born there and lived there for the first 12 years of my life.
In a stress we decided that we'd go have a look at the other house - a two-bedroomed bungalow out in the middle of nowhere which has a garden and parking beside the house. It looks nice from the outside but we couldn't dally as the current tenent was busy mowing the lawn.
We haven't looked inside it yet and won't be able to until said tenent is gone. This won't happen for another couple of weeks yet.
The landlord is a really nice chap who happens to employ two of my brothers and my dad. He is not insisting on any payment upfront. The rent is only £25 less, per month, than the three-bedroomed house.
Now comes the dilemma: we phoned up and told the estate agent that the first house was a no-go as we weren't willing to stump up six months' rent.
My phone was off all day recharging. When I switched it back on this evening I find two voice mails on there from the estate agent - they are now willing to let us use a guarantor if we are still interested in the house.
WTF do we do? Do we take house #1 - the job opportunities are better in that area and everything is within walking distance as the house is not too far from the town centre?
Or, do we stick with house #2 which has the garden and driveway I wanted but is several miles away from the nearest job/town centre?
I really am in a quandry here and any input towards either choice would really be appreciated. Decision day would be, I expect, Monday.
That was yesterday.
We knew that if we did that then we'd really be scraping by til one of us got a job in the area. Hubby deemed this unacceptable.
The area is lovely, it is my home town, I was born there and lived there for the first 12 years of my life.
In a stress we decided that we'd go have a look at the other house - a two-bedroomed bungalow out in the middle of nowhere which has a garden and parking beside the house. It looks nice from the outside but we couldn't dally as the current tenent was busy mowing the lawn.
We haven't looked inside it yet and won't be able to until said tenent is gone. This won't happen for another couple of weeks yet.
The landlord is a really nice chap who happens to employ two of my brothers and my dad. He is not insisting on any payment upfront. The rent is only £25 less, per month, than the three-bedroomed house.
Now comes the dilemma: we phoned up and told the estate agent that the first house was a no-go as we weren't willing to stump up six months' rent.
My phone was off all day recharging. When I switched it back on this evening I find two voice mails on there from the estate agent - they are now willing to let us use a guarantor if we are still interested in the house.
WTF do we do? Do we take house #1 - the job opportunities are better in that area and everything is within walking distance as the house is not too far from the town centre?
Or, do we stick with house #2 which has the garden and driveway I wanted but is several miles away from the nearest job/town centre?
I really am in a quandry here and any input towards either choice would really be appreciated. Decision day would be, I expect, Monday.
Labels: decisions, estate agent, family, garden, guarantor, house, landlord, Tavistock, Tregadillett
